Puppy and Kitten Clinic in Maghera
With all of the different types of pet food available on the market, it can be difficult to work out what your new puppy or kitten should be eating. Tot’s Slot, our puppy and kitten clinic in Maghera, is the ideal place to come to for nutritional information. We are also able to provide you with information on recommended diets;
- Small Breed Puppies (Shih Tzu, Jack Russell Terrier) – Royal Canin Small Dog Junior Diet
- Medium Puppies (Cocker Spaniel, Border Collie) – Royal Canin Medium Dog Junior Diet
- Large Breed Puppies (Labrador, Irish Setter) – Royal Canin Large Dog Junior Diet
- Giant Breed Puppies (St Bernard, Great Dane) – Royal Canin Giant Dog Puppy Diet
- Kitten – Royal Canin Kitten Weaning (4 weeks – 4 months old), Royal Canin Kitten Growth (4 months – neutered)
Pet Dental Care
It is important to brush your pet’s teeth daily to help to prevent dental diseases. A soft bristled toothbrush can be used along with pet toothpaste – human toothpaste should NEVER be used for your pet. Dental sticks and snacks also help to keep tartar at bay.
There are many other things that you can give to your pet to prevent dental disease that can fit in with your daily routine. Book your pet in now for a dental check and your veterinary nurse will advise on what’s best for your pet. When it comes to pet dental care, remember to come to Glenshane Vets.
Weigh in Clinic for Overweight Pets
Despite our best intentions, sometimes our pets can become overweight due to overfeeding. Chubby Chums is our weigh in clinic. Once your pet has been assessed, the nurse may decide that a specialist weight loss diet is needed to help progress your pet’s weight loss. These diets come in either wet or dry forms and your nurse will decide for you which diet is best for your pet.
Contact Us Today
Whether you live in Maghera or Dungiven, if you wish to discuss your dog’s diet with one of our nurses don’t hesitate to call us on the above number. You can also send any queries to us by filling in the contact form.